The chance of hatching a random Shiny from an egg is very low and currently secret. This probability is also not static, since it changes from user to user, from day to day, and is also based on other factors.
The item Shiny Charm strongly increases your chance of hatching a random Shiny. You receive this key item after filling your third Badge set.
Shiny HuntItem Shop
A detailed explanation about shiny hunting can be found in the Pokeradar-article.
Route 53honeytree on Route 53, using Honey, is very high.
You don't have to catch the Pokémon to see if it's shiny or not, since these special colored Pokémon have their own Artwork on Route 53.
- The Legendary Dog Trio (Entei, Raikou, Suicune) can be obtained as a shiny version at the Game Center Prize Exchange for a huge amount of Game Chips.
- A Shiny Lugia Voucher can be won at the Lottery if you purchased a lottery ticket containing all 5 matching Pokemon.
- The Lake Trio can be hatched as shiny by redeeming Lake Trio Vouchers at the Game Center.
- The Swords of Justice can be hatched as shiny by cooking their consumable goods at the Berrygarden.
- Hoopa can be hatched as shiny after finishing the Hoopa Quest.
- MissingNo. can be hatched as shiny after finishing the Quest.
- Guaranteed Shiny every 50 eggs:
- Every user who found all 10 eggs in 2014 received a Shiny Easter Bunnelby.
- In 2016, users obtained a Shiny Ferrerocoal for finding all 10 eggs hidden sitewide.
- If you found all 15 hidden eggs in 2017, you received a Shiny Easter Slakoth .
- 2019 you were able to receive a shiny Deerling (Easter) version if you found all 20 easter eggs.
- A Shiny Easter Ducklett egg was the reward to finding all 20 hidden easter eggs in 2020.