As of 7:15 PM on August 9, 2013, one can travel to Route 53. At this location, Honey may be used to attract wild Pokémon, which can then be captured using PokéBalls.
Honey can be found by Rumbling. They are more commonly found in the 'Silent Forest'. Honey could also randomly be found in Mystery Boxes.
If you leave a Combee at the Honeycombs on Route 53, it will produce Honey which can be collected. Each Combee can produce a maximum of 3 Honey, after which production will stop until you have collected the Honey.
After slathering the bark, a message will tell you how much Honey is on the tree. You may slather the bark up to three times, with each increasing the amount of Honey on the tree and changing the message that is displayed.
You can capture Pokémon that are eating Honey off of the tree in a PokéBall. You can throw as many PokéBalls as you own at them while they are at the tree, but if the Pokémon finishes eating, it will leave and become unobtainable. The amount of Honey on the bark affects the amount of time for which a Pokémon stays at the tree. Pokémon known to be available include Munchlax, Wurmple, Heracross, Aipom, Combee, Cherubi, and Burmy (Plant Cloak). It is possible that other Pokémon are available, but only these seven are known.
Pokémon that appear on the tree will stay until they have finished eating the Honey or you scare them away. The catch rate for Pokémon depends on the species; catch rates are the same as in the official Pokémon games. Also, some species are rarer than others. Although specific rarities for each are unknown, it has been confirmed that some Pokémon, such as Slowyore, are rare compared to Pokémon such as Wurmple.
Main article: Celebi
Celebi is a Legendary Pokémon that may be found when Honey is slathered on the bark of the tree. Celebi, unlike most Pokémon at the tree, is not captured; instead, one can receive its Egg. Consequently, the player does need to have an empty space in their party to receive it.
Main article: Slowyore
Slowyore, an Event Pokémon that is based on the Slowpoke evolution line, can be found by slathering Honey on the bark of the tree. It will evolve into either Yorebro or Yoreking; the former evolution will occur when Slowyore is fed Honey, while the latter will occur when Slowyore meets certain conditions. This event is based on Eeyore, a character from Winnie the Pooh.
- In the week of Sunday, September 8, 2013, four events were made to allow people to obtain Honey.
- Starting from 9:00 PM on September 10, 2013, there was a 24-hour event in which players who were lucky could find a jar of Honey on any page, at any location. If they clicked on it, they would receive one jar of Honey. Players could not find more than 30 jars of Honey in this method.
- For all of September 12, 2013, players who were lucky could find one jar of Honey after each forum post that they made.
- For all of September 13, 2013, players could receive Honey from the Gem Collector in exchange for only five Grass Gems, instead of ten.
- For all of September 14, 2013, players who were lucky could find one jar of Honey after each interaction that they made.
- The chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon and a Mega Powered Pokemon at the Honey Tree is higher than anywhere else on the site.